25 Jul, 2014
SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
As we approach the end of the fasting month, Muslims all over the world will celebrate the Hari Raya. However, we feel sad at the recent tragedy.
On behalf of Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society, we convey our deep condolence to the families of the victims of MH17 who lost their lives during the recent crash. Let us pray that they will be strengthened through this difficult period. We share their pain and loss. At the same time, as the Nation mourns, let us rally together and unite behind our Leaders. Let us forge forward TOGETHER with greater determination to achieve more in the face of challenges.
Several major programmes are in the pipeline. The Good Pharmaceutical Trade Practice (GPTP) document is ready and the final draft will be sent to MYCC and KPDNK before forward to the Director-General of Health.
The Bahagian Perkhidmatan Farmasi (BPF) has been informed by Ministry of Finance that our proposals regarding zero-rated GST for medicines have been rejected. Steps are taken by BPF to appeal for the National Essential Medicines List (NEML). Both MPS and MCPG are deeply concerned about the impact on the prices of medicine for the consumers and will pursue actively the proposals.
At the same time, MMA has engaged MPS on a round table discussion regarding The TPPA. While we are “pro-trade”, MPS is conscious of the impact for the local pharmaceutical industry and wants a balanced-approach to the proposals for a win/win impact. Ultimately, the Rakyat needs to be accessible to quality medicines at affordable prices as advocated in the National Medicine Policy.
Meanwhile, preparations for 25th FAPA Congress are shifting into top gear as registrations are encouraging. With hardly three months left, we need to work doubly hard. We are thankful for the MOH’s and BPF’s valuable support and assistance.
All sections have been approached for support and the exhibition booths intend to showcase our Pharmacy programme, educational institutions, pharmaceutical industry and trade amongst others.
Please log in the website www.FAPA2014.com for more info. Our adrenaline is surging as we await to welcome all delegates to Sabah – Land Below The Wind.
Our dear members, thank you for your keen interest in our activities. May you continue to reach greater heights in all your endeavors.
To all Muslims everywhere, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri.
Yours in MPS
(Datuk Nancy Ho)
SURVEY ON SMOKING CESSATION SERVICES
A survey is being conducted to identify the perceptions on barriers encountered by pharmacists in Klang Valley in providing smoking cessation services. This is part of the researchbeing conducted by a third year Bachelor of Pharmacy student of the Faculty of Pharmacy in Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences (CUCMS) and supervised by Madam Shairyzah Ahmad Hisham and co-supervised by Mr. Masro Mohamad.
Your participation in this research will help as a guide for possible interventions to improve smoking cessation services and increase the cessation rate.
The questionnaire will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. All data collected in this study will be treated with utmost confidentiality. Agreeing to participate in this study is taken as your consent.
To participate please fill out the form Perception on Barriers in Conducting Smoking Cessation Counselling Among Practising Pharmacists in Klang Valley at:
For any enquiries, please contact Huong Siew Ching at 017- 4361110.
- Pharmacist/ Johor Bahru, Johor/ SinMing Pharma/ Mr Su 019-7904968
- Pharmacist/ Caring Pharmacy/ Ms Wong: 03 7782 1988/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Penang / Biopharmalink Pharmacy (Sg. Dua, Pg)/ MrKhong 019-4719716/ [email protected]
- Pharmacist/TTDI, Kuala Lumpur/ Dr Sangeet: 012-324 6737 or [email protected] / Mr Vivek: 017-522 2016 or [email protected]
- Pharmacist/ Balik Pulau, Penang/ Ms Ang: 04-8665421/ [email protected]
- Pharmacist & Locum Pharmacist/ Johor Bahru, Selangor & Kuala Lumpur/ D’ Apotic Pharmacy/ Mr Maal: 016-7028654/ Pn Rohana: 016-7028655
- Pharmacist / Nationwide / Lovy Pharmacy / Contact: Ms. Ye 05-2418484 / Email: [email protected]
- Operation Pharmacist & Community Pharmacist/ Klang Valley/ Constant Pharmacy/ Mr Loh – [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Farmasi Goodmedic/ Mr. Siah: 03-91333395, 012-3388152
- Retail Pharmacist/ Watson’s Personal Care Stores Sdn Bhd/ HR Department: 03-21432386/ [email protected]
- Pharmacists and Locum Pharmacist / Klang Valley/ Be Pharmacy/ Mr Lee: 013-3526551/ [email protected]
- Pharmacists and Locum Pharmacist/ Klang Valley/ Ms Lee: 012-3726299/ [email protected]
- Pharmacist/ Batu Pahat/ Putra Specialist Hospital/ Puan Hjh Rosnah Binti Rushdi: 07-4333333
- Retail Pharmacist/ Kuala Lumpur/ Pusrawi International College of Medical Sciences/ Human Resource Department: 03- 6186 9506/ [email protected]
- Part Time / Registered Pharmacist (Locum)/ Kuala Lumpur Sports Medical Centre Sdn Bhd/ Human Resource Department: 03-2096 1033/ [email protected]
– See more at: http://www.mps.org.my/newsmaster.cfm?&menuid=37&action=view&retrieveid=3917#sthash.6RJAyOfe.dpuf