24 Jul, 2014
WORLD PHARMACISTS DAY – 25TH SEPTEMBER 2014
In line with the call from the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) that pharmacists all over the world are encouraged to celebrate World Pharmacists Day on 25th September 2014, the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society (MPS) has taken the lead to encourage pharmacists in Malaysia to celebrate this auspicious day at their own practice settings.
On this day, pharmacists should celebrate our profession by organising activities that promote and advocate for the role of the pharmacist in improving health in accordance with the theme for this year’s celebration “Access to Pharmacists is Access to Health”
As quoted in the FIP website https://www.fip.org/worldpharmacistsday
“For many years, FIP has recognized that access to medicines is a major issue in many parts of the world and pharmacists play a key role throughout the whole supply chain towards improving access to medicines. However, access to medicines itself will not result automatically in optimal health outcomes.
Indeed in 2012, a study quantified that 500 billion USD could be saved every year if responsible use of medicines was achieved and pharmacists have been identified as a strong and under-utilized asset to achieve responsible use of medicines.
The perfect combination is therefore access to medicines and pharmaceutical expertise, or in other words, to pharmacists.
In 2010, it has been estimated that 13% of the visits at a community pharmacy are concluded with advice only (and without sales of any products), highlighting that pharmacists are the most accessible and trusted healthcare professionals in many countries throughout the world.”
MPS feels that this day needs to be celebrated in the biggest possible way so as to uplift the spirits of our profession in this Country. This will certainly benefit the Country and its people towards better health.
Thank you for your kind cooperation
Datuk Nancy Ho
FAPA CONGRESS 2014
This International Conference has been attracting encouraging participation from not only its 18-member countries in the South East Asia/Western Pacific region but from other countries as well.
The line-up of distinguished International speakers from within the region as well from the US, UK and Australia are listed in the Congress website with their topics. There is also an update on the program.
The Congress is still attracting abstracts submission for presentation. If you intend to do kindly note that the dateline to do so is 31st July 2014
- Pharmacist/ Caring Pharmacy/ Ms Wong: 03 7782 1988/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Penang /Biopharmalink Pharmacy (Sg. Dua, Pg)/ Mr Khong 019-4719716/ [email protected]
- Pharmacist/TTDI, Kuala Lumpur/ Dr Sangeet: 012-324 6737 or [email protected] / Mr Vivek: 017-522 2016 or [email protected]
- Pharmacist/ Balik Pulau, Penang/ Ms Ang: 04-8665421/ [email protected]
- Pharmacist & Locum Pharmacist/ Johor Bahru, Selangor & Kuala Lumpur/ D’Apotic Pharmacy/ Mr Maal: 016-7028654/ Pn Rohana: 016-7028655
- Pharmacist / Nationwide / Lovy Pharmacy / Contact : Ms. Ye 05-2418484 / Email : [email protected]
- Operation Pharmacist & Community Pharmacist/ Klang Valley/ Constant Pharmacy/ Mr Loh – [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Farmasi Goodmedic/ Mr. Siah: 03-91333395, 012-3388152
- Retail Pharmacist/ Watson’s Personal Care Stores Sdn Bhd/ HR Department: 03-21432386/ [email protected]
- Pharmacists and Locum Pharmacist / Klang Valley/ Be Pharmacy/ Mr Lee: 013-3526551/ [email protected]
- Pharmacists and Locum Pharmacist/ Klang Valley/ Ms Lee: 012-3726299/ [email protected]
- Pharmacist/ Batu Pahat/ Putra Specialist Hospital/ Puan Hjh Rosnah Binti Rushdi: 07-4333333
- Retail Pharmacist/ Kuala Lumpur/ Pusrawi International College of Medical Sciences/ Human Resource Department: 03- 6186 9506/ [email protected]
- Part Time / Registered Pharmacist (Locum)/ Kuala Lumpur Sports Medical Centre Sdn Bhd/ Human Resource Department: 03-2096 1033/ [email protected]
- Pharmacist/ Klang/ Arunamari Specialist Medical Centre/ Human Resource Department: 03-3324 3288/ [email protected]
- HEAD OF CPD/Puchong / Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society/ [email protected]
- Production Pharmacist and R&D Pharmacist/ Terengganu/ Xorix Sdn Bhd/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacists/ Bangi, KLIA2, Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi/ Kell: 013-3333673, Firdaus: 013-3333663/ [email protected]
- Assistant or Associate Professor/ School of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham/ Pn Salma Abd Kadir: 03-89248201/ [email protected]
- Pharmacist/ Penang/ Penang Adventist Hospital/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Johor Bahru, Johor/ IJ Pharmacy (M) Sdn Bhd/ Ms Chang: 07-3552878
- Retail Pharmacist/ Klang, Petaling Jaya & Shah Alam/ Mr Vinaybalaji: 014-2273072/[email protected]
– See more at: http://www.mps.org.my/newsmaster.cfm?&menuid=37&action=view&retrieveid=3915#sthash.gcFRV3cj.dpuf