11 Sep, 2014
SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
We are at the threshold of the final quarter of the year and need to quickly try to achieve what we’ve set out to do at the beginning of 2014.
We’ve reached many milestones this year with a Strategic Meeting held at the beginning of the year to conduct a SWOT analysis of the Society.
The Annual General Meeting saw many Council members being elected into office and they wasted no time to get the ball rolling into working with the hardworking Bahagian members to look into Good Dispensing Practice and Good Distribution Practice. The Dispensing Separation project is also well on its way to the finishing line, thanks to all the hard work put in by all concerned.
On 25th September 2014, the World Pharmacist Day will be celebrated throughout the Pharmacy World. Here in Malaysia, much emphasis is paid to propagating the theme “Access to pharmacist is access to Healthcare”. Let us work together to celebrate our Day.
For All FAPA Congress Participants, we are coming to the final stage of our preparations and count down is in progress.
We shall be grateful if you could kindly take note of the following details.
- 9th October 2014 – There shall be a Ribbon-cutting ceremony at 1:00pm for the Poster Exhibition by the Honorable Datuk Ewon Ebin Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation in Magellan Sutera Hotel. This is especially important for exhibitors to take note that they set up all the exhibition by then.
- Please wear Business attire (e.g. lounge suit) for the Opening Ceremony by the Sabah Chief Minister with Health Minister giving a keynote address. A tour of the booths will take place after the group photo immediately after the Opening Ceremony. There will be a rehearsal for the Opening Ceremony at 11:00am in the Magellan Ballroom.
- Please wear National costumes for the Friendship Night on 10th October 2014. It will be held in another Hall and punctuality for transfers is requested.
- Please wear something to match the “Gold and Silver” theme of the Gold and Silver Gala Banquet on 11th October 2014. Evening gowns and black ties are preferred.
- A special luggage tag is featured hereafter for all delegates to download from the website and attach to their luggage for easy recognition by Customs Officers.
- Kindly bring exercise gear for morning tai-chi exercise.
Pharmacists are in the forefront of Health and Wellness and let us continue to work together to make a difference.
Yours in MPS
Datuk Nancy Ho
– See more at: http://www.mps.org.my/newsmaster.cfm?&menuid=37&action=view&retrieveid=3935#sthash.KszTb7v2.dpuf