08 May, 2014
MPS COUNCIL ELECTIONS 2014
At the close of the nomination for Council Member election, there were a total of 20 candidates vying for the 14 seats for the term 2014/2016. There are 10 new candidates for this election, with another 10 of the present council seeking re-election.
The full list of the candidates can be found at
>>> The full list of candidates can be found online here, as well as their CV
It seems more community pharmacy are coming forward to be represented at the council as 11 nominations are from the community sector. The government pharmacists has 3 candidates, whereas academia and industry has 2 each, and private hospital and consultant 1 each.
Please note that the online Ballot Paper is not valid for voting.
The official original Ballot Paper has been sent out to members by post and the MPS Secretariat is already receiving back the ballot.
Members are advised to mark the candidates of their choice in the ballot paper carefully within the box.
The ballot paper must be received by the MPS Secretariat by 5.00pm on 22nd May 2014, but you may also cast your vote personally using the ballot paper that you received by post, at the AGM. No ballot paper will be issue to anyone at the AGM.
ADVICE AND COMMENTS FROM THE MPS HONORARY GENERAL LEGAL ADVISOR
Election of Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society
The 47th Annual General Meeting is scheduled to be held on 24th May 2014. As General Legal Counsel of the Society, I am certain that all meeting procedures will be conducted in an orderly manner as befitting a Professional Body. As A Body that is 47th years old, it has seen much growth in membership strength and quality of members. An Annual General Meeting will be an opportunity for members to receive the Report Card of the Council and to elect the new Council. I’m made to understand that many nominations have been received vying the 14 posts in the Council. The Ballot papers have been sent out for members to cast their votes until 5pm on 22nd May 2014. Vote wisely because Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society is made up of members who are well-respected and the incoming Council members will need to lead the Society to the next level of growth. All those who offer to serve in the Council must be appreciated by members who will accord them their utmost support. Kindly have a good healthy democratic election and voting should be done without casting any unhealthy remarks on any candidate or member nominated in any form of media in order for all members to vote with utmost professional decorum.
Wish all the best to all the candidates standing for the election.
Dato’ Dr Manjit Singh Sachdev
General Legal Counsel
>>> Download original document
GOOD PHARMACY PRACTICE (GPP) INTERNATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAMME TRAVEL GRANT SCHOLARSHIP
The Pharmaceutical Society of Taiwan is offering places to international pharmacists for the GPP Training program which will take place in July
The travel grantscholarships (max. up to 15 international pharmacists) is open till 23rd May
For more information please go direct to:
If you need furthur information please contact directly Mr Michael Wei-chih LIU, Pharmaceutical Society of Taiwan, email: [email protected]
MALAYSIAN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY
A paper has been published in the Journal of Pharmaceutical Machinery and Engineering, Japan (28th Nov 2013). It discussed briefly the Malaysia Healthcare System, the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Industry including some Healthcare National Key Economic Areas for Collaboration and Investment Opportunities. Those who want a quick summary of such information may download the article here.
>>> Malaysia Pharmaceutical Industry – Collaboration and Investment Opportunities
SYMPOSIA SERIES ON PRIMARY CARE MEDICINE
The Manipal Alumni Association of Malaysia, is organising a Symposia Series on Primary Care Medicine on 21-22 June in Le Meridien, KL.
The expected topics include usage of Aspirin, choice of T2D Treatment, Sore Throat treatment, and also a symposium on New Concepts and Practices in Advanced Would Care Management.
Through a mutual arrangement MPS members fees shall be RM100/- only. In addition, there will be a 10+ 1 free registration offer but this must be register directly with the organiser, ie you need to get together in groups of 11.
>>> Downloa flyer
- Retail Pharmacist/ Johor Bahru, Johor/ IJ Pharmacy (M) Sdn Bhd/ Ms Chang: 07-3552878
- Retail Pharmacist/ Klang, Petaling Jaya & Shah Alam/ Mr Vinaybalaji: 014-2273072/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Ampang/ Farmasi Ampang/ Winston Chiu: 012-2073788/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Klang Valley/ Constant Pharmacy/ Mr Loh – [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Batu Pahat, Yong Peng, Muar, Parit Raja, & Rengit/ Farmasi Murni Marketing Sdn. Bhd. / Mr. Liew: 012-7777023/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Melaka/ Home-Care Pharmacy Sdn Bhd/ Mr. Koo: 0126838633 @ 0162368110/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Klang Valley/ Materia Medica Pharmacy/ Mr Saiful Islam Yusoff : 013 628 0139/ Pn Puteri Nurulain Salleh: 03 6038 1810/ [email protected]
- Production Pharmacist/ Melaka/ Xepa-Soul Pattinson (M) Sdn Bhd/ Human Resource Department: 06-3351515/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Ipoh/ Globe Pharmacy/ Mr. Rajiv: 016-2603444, Mr. Sim: 012-5576812/ [email protected]
- Clinical Informaticist (Pharmacy)/ Kuala Lumpur/ Pantai Holdings BHD/ [email protected]
- Pharmacist/ Petaling Jaya, Selangor/ Tropicana Medical Centre (M) Sdn Bhd/ Mr Shazli Sallehudin: 603-62871196/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Watson’s Personal Care Stores Sdn Bhd/ HR Department: 03-21432386/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Ampang Area, Desa Petaling, Kepong Area, Klang, Kota Kemuning, Mutiara Tropicana, Puchong, Setia Alam, Sungai Buloh, Sri Damansara, Setiawangsa, Sentul, Setapak area, Selangor Mansion , Selayang, Sri Rampai & Taman Melawati/ Health Lane Family Pharmacy/ [email protected]
- Pharmacist (Rengit-Johor)/ Pharmacist & experienced Pharmacist Assistances (Parit Sulong-Johor)/ Pharmacist (Kota Kinabalu-Sabah)/ Kinabalu Pharmacy (Batu Pahat) Sdn Bhd/ Mr Lim: 07-434043/ [email protected]
– See more at: http://www.mps.org.my/newsmaster.cfm?&menuid=37&action=view&retrieveid=3894#sthash.44TAVTBh.dpuf